Weight loss is something which every woman is hoping for after delivery. Becoming a mother is a dream of every woman, but this is also accompanied by a lot of accumulation of extra fat on the wrong places which have to be shed. A woman of average weight puts on about 25 to 30 pounds during pregnancy and the weight loss after delivery is very less. So the happiness and joy of becoming a mother is a wee bit marred due to the weight gain.
Here you can consider certain tips to follow diligently which will enable you to shed the extra weight during your postpartum period. These include—
• In case you are breast feeding, it is very important to eat a balanced and nutritious diet. You should avoid the foods that have a lot of saturated fats.
• Since after delivery you shouldn’t be doing any vigorous exercises for about 6 weeks, you can do moderate exercises such as walk, yoga or pelvic tilts and ensure that you have at least 6 to 8 glasses of water everyday. This will help in keeping your appetite under control.
• After consulting your doctor you can go in for exercises such as push-ups, crunches, tummy exercise and various toning exercises which will help in weight loss at the right places.
• Cardiovascular exercises can also be taken up with the advice of your doctor.
• Don’t go overboard with your exercises, you need appropriate rest and sleep too to overcome the post delivery stress.
• You can also take multivitamins but of course they will never be a substitute for the right kind of diet and workouts.
Being slim is always desirable for all range of people and a happy event like being a mother after a successful family planning should not be spoiled because of unwanted fat gain which can be avoided easily by following these simple steps.