Depressions are always harmful for any individual and the level of danger increases if a pregnant woman confronts depression, since two lives are at stake, as a result the pregnancy would be in a risky condition as well. It mostly happens to women who have been under depression before. This sickness intrigues thoughts, mood and body. Women under depression show the signs of meager weight gain, suicidal tendency and intake of alcohol or drugs all of which are very harmful for her and of course the baby too.
Pregnancy depressions are however curable by following few depression beating tips and a whole team gets involved to get her out of depression. This group comprises of care taker during or after pregnancy and a psychologist.
• She is merged into counseling, support groups and light medicines according to the requirement. Counseling has greatly improved this condition in many previous cases so it is better to talk her out.
• All the anti-depression drugs should be stopped during pregnancy since they harm the baby. Therefore, if required, the women can even be treated using hypnosis by a psychologist.
• Depressions are treated according to their type, suppose a person is suffering from a depression due to lack of sunlight then he is recommended light therapy. So, different types of depressions require diverse treatments during pregnancy.
• Many times meditation yoga, gentle aerobics or Pilates are suggested to change the mood of the patient. Walking and water activities like swimming also lighten the mood getting her out of depression.
• Making necessary changes in nutrition and providing the patient with supplements of vitamins and other required nutrients also helps in many cases. It is necessary for her to intake meals regularly.
• Medication is the last option for depressed pregnant women since it has to be taken very carefully through a specialist.
However nothing can beat the laughter therapy. Keep her happy at home and watch her move out of depression.